The Android has promptly influenced so many aspects of communication. Ranging from App development to Device Manufacturing all segments are feeling the heat of competition. And the sole reason behind this is Open License policy of Android. This policy has attracted and even provoked so many new aspirants in the brimming field of devices. And this scenario is being proven beneficial to end users. Here we are going to shed a light on a newbie from Videocon- A local and comparatively new Device manufacturer from India.
Videocon has already shown its presence in the field of Android device with models V7400, V7500 and many more. Now the company is coming with a Tablet that is equipped with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and muscular battery. It seems amazing on paper as far as specs and features are concerned. So, what we are waiting for? Let’s have a close look to what Videocon have in his pocket to offer?
Specs and Features of Videocon VT71
- Display and Resolution - A 17.8 cm or 7 inch capacitive touch screen is a very good effort from device manufacturers. Display is powered by 800×480 pixel resolution. Yes there are plenty of devices available in the market, which are providing higher resolution than this. Yet, the primary market company is targeting is Indian subcontinent where price also play a bigger role; taking this into consideration it’s still a competitive feature.
- Processor – The manufacturers have not specified chipset and we very well that Videocon is not an Apple Inc.! The company has specified that there will be a heavy duty processor clocking 1.2 GHz. That sounds pretty reasonable.
- OS – Android 4.0 (ICS)
- Battery – This is clearly a cynosure. With muscular 3200mAh this feature is going to rock the segment. This feature also suggests that company is actively conducting market research regarding user needs and requirements.
- Camera – You may disappoint here, as this device will have only front VGA (0.3 MP) camera.
- Memory – It can be expandable up to 32 GB (Not specified in built and SD card slots) along with 512 MB RAM (Random Access Memory) and 4GB ROM (Read Only Memory).
- Connectivity – here manufacturers have tried a lot to attract customers. 802.11 b/g/n is a general feature as far as Wi-fi is concerned. Device enables user to 3G via USB dongle. It also provides micro-USB connectivity along with HDMI. (Company is also providing free HDMI and OTG cables!!)
- Entertainment – this could be another area where manufacturers could have performed better. They are providing 3.5 mm audio jack which is good but still some more features are expected.Preloaded Apps – Device is equipped with certain preloaded apps like Nexgtv (A TV channel app), Saavn (A Music app), Nimbuzz(Synchronizing Chat accounts), and Facebook (this doesn’t require an intro.!), Google Play store and some others. This area is quite handy
This is going to be a USP of the product with 4799.00 INR. There are other competitors like BSNL Penta and Akash 2, Micromax Funbook which have price tag in lower or same range. But there are some features (Battery, connectivity, Display) which distinguish the product from its competitors.
The product is clearly targeting Indian Market and with this price and features we are hoping it is going to be a success story for manufacturers. Fingers crossed!!
Bio – This article is contributed by Dharak Patel who works at GeniusGeeks. Dharak is a professional Content provider and SEO executive. He writes on various areas such as Android, iOS, Mac and Windows. Stay tuned for latest updates in tech hemisphere.